Vision and Mission
To encourage people to make Bible reading a routine habit so they can get closer to the Lord and know Him in a personal way.
Biblevise was founded in August 2023 by Stephen Hockman to be an online ministry that gets people excited about diving into God’s Word and connecting the Holy Scriptures to their daily lives. By making this a top priority, Biblevise has helped both professing Christians and faith seekers engage in a better relationship with the Lord as they discover the relevance the Bible has for their earthly and eternal lives. At the core, Biblevise is dedicated to spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ and serving and edifying others to the glory of God.
Stephen Hockman, Editorial Director
Stephen Hockman is the Editorial Director of Biblevise, overseeing all aspects of publishing content on the website and online media channels. He has a Bachelor of Arts in Media Arts and Design from James Madison University in Virginia and more than 15 years of experience in writing, editing, and online media production. He holds Presbyterian theological beliefs.
We take great pride in the content published on the Biblevise website and its online media channels. All content is produced independently and held to the highest standards of quality and integrity according to 1 Corinthians 10:31, which states, “do it all for the glory of God”. Writers combine their expertise and knowledge with in-depth research to provide complete accuracy and facts for readers. When applicable, trustworthy sources are vetted and cited. The Biblevise editorial team reviews and fact-checks all content before publishing to ensure accuracy and up-to-date information.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God revealing the love of God to the world. 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; John 3:16.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6.
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15.
- We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. Furthermore we believe that God will reward the righteous with eternal life in heaven, and that He will banish the unrighteous to everlasting punishment in hell. Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. 1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. 1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23.
- We believe that the ministry of evangelism (sharing and proclaiming the message of salvation only possible by grace through faith in Jesus Christ) and discipleship (helping followers of Christ grow up into maturity in Christ) is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15.
- We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. Matthew 9:35-38, 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15.
- We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10.
Feel free to contact us with any suggestions, comments, or corrections you have about the Biblevise website or its online media channels.